100% Safety Commitment
Freediving Gold Coast pride ourselves on adhering to the international and national safety standards in the following areas of our business:
Freediving Gold Coast follow the education and safety guidelines of the International Association for the Development of Apnea (AIDA), the world’s largest freediving organisation and the world record keeping body for freediving competitions, rules and standards. To be a Freediving Instructor with AIDA you must have:
- Current Public Liability Insurance.
- Current first aid and resuscitation certificates.
- Knowledge of buddying and rescue techniques in the pool and open ocean.
- Demonstrated ability to rescue an unconscious freediver at 25 metres depth, bringing them to the surface, applying rescue protocols, rescue breaths and towing for 50 metres.
- Demonstrated ability to confidently dive to a minimum of 40 metres depth.
- Demonstrated ability to breath hold for a minimum of 4 minutes in a static position in a pool.
Both Clinton Laurence and Cristy Gearon, Instructors with Freediving Gold Coast have the following PADI (world Industry leader in scuba) safety qualifications:
- PADI Emergency First Responder (EFR) Instructor.
- VU20298 Apply Oxygen Resuscitation/Oxygen Therapy.
Both Clinton Laurence and Cristy Gearon are qualified Coxswains Grade 1 Near Coastal with a Certificate II in Maritime Operations from NSW TAFE. Both have been issued with a Certificate of Competency from the Australian Maritime Safety Authority in accordance with the Marine Safety (Domestic Commercial Vessel) National Law Act 2012, Schedule 1.
Clinton Laurence has been awarded Pool Lifeguard by the Royal Lifesaving Australia with a Statement of Attainment in the following units:
PUAEME001B Provide Emergency Care
PUAEME003C Administer Oxygen in an Emergency Situation
SISCAQU002 Perform Basic Water Rescues
SISCAQU006 Supervise Clients in Aquatic Locations
SISCAQU007 Perform Advanced Water Rescues
Freediving Gold Coast also adheres to the Freediving Pool Standards Code (click on this to be directed to this code).
Both Clinton Laurence and Cristy Gearon are qualified with a Statement of Attainment from St John Ambulance Australia in the following units:
- HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- HLTAID002 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
- HLTAID004 Provide an Emergency First Aid Response in an Education and Care Setting