Freediving Gold Coast Club runs a number of regular freediving competitions throughout the year. or what we call mini-competitions because of their informal and small group format throughout the year. We will be running the following competitions in 2019 and 2020.
Freediving Gold Coast Club Static Mini Competition on the 24/3/19. BOOK HERE
Freediving Gold Coast Club Dynamic Mini Competition on the 23/6/19. BOOK HERE.
Freediving Gold Coast Club Dynamic No Fins / Dynamic Mini Competition on the 13/10/19. BOOK HERE.
Freediving Gold Coast Club Static Mini Competition on the 21/3/20. BOOK HERE
Freediving Gold Coast Club Dynamic Mini Competition on the 21/6/20. BOOK HERE.
We think the main advantages of freediving competitions are:
- Helping freedivers set personal challenges in their freediving training to motivate themselves to test their own limits.
- To help freedivers set regular goals, evaluate the effectiveness of their training, and keep on track in their freediving training..
- Having fun and meeting other athletes from the growing world freediving community.
- Helping freedivers learn the international competition rules of AIDA.
- Providing valuable competition experience for freedivers who wish to challenge themselves against other freedivers in Australia and overseas.
- Finding naturally talented freedivers, as part of our talent identification and education program, who with appropriate training, might become the next Australian Champion to challenge the best freedivers in the world.
Other freediving competitions in Australia and surrounding countries in 2018/2019 are:
7th March 2019 Freedive Panglao Static Challenge (Pool; Panglao, Philippines).
8th to 11th March 2019 South Australian Freediving Challenge 2019 (Pool; Adelaide Australia).
14th to 16th March 2019 Freediving New Zealand Depth Nationals (Depth; New Zealand).
29th to 31st March 2019 Australian Pool National Championships in (Gold Coast Aquatic Centre, Australia).
15th to 17th April 2019 Singapore Open Freediving Competition (Pool competition at Singapore Sports School, Singapore)
18th to 18th May 2019 Philippine Depth National Championship Depth; (Freedive Panglao, Philippines)
8th to 9th June 2019 AIDA Wellington Winter Championships (Pool; Wellington, New Zealand).
9th to 11th June 2019 Asian Freediving Cup (Depth; Panglao, Philippines).
13th to 14th July 2019 AIDA Bullsharks Winter Bite (Pool; Somerville House Aquatic Centre
23rd to 24th August 2019 AIDA Freedive Panglao Korean Cup 2019 (Depth; Freedive Panglao, Philippines).
7th to 8th September 2019 Freedive Panglao Japanese Cup (Depth; Panglao, Philippines).
13th to 15th September 2019 Freediving New Zealand Pool Nationals (Pool; Auckland, New Zealand).
16th to 19th September 2019 Apnea Association of Singapore Depth Competition 2019 (Depth; Tulamben, Bali, Indonesia).
6h October 2019 AIDA Hong Kong Freediving Competition (Pool ; Hong Kong).
12 to 14th October 2018 Indonesia Apnea Competition (Pool; Tangerang, Indonesia).
3rd to 8th November 2018 Sabang International Freediving Competition 2018 (Depth, Weh Island, Sabang, Indonesia) NB Cost of competition is free so get in quick to enter.
7th December 2018 Dynamic December (Pool, Adelaide Australia). Cost $25 Start 6pm. Organiser: Craig de Vos.
Please note that the dates above are for 2018 and 2019. Most of the above freediving competitions are held at similar times each year. Please go to the AIDA International website and Event Calendar to check and confirm dates for freediving competitions in 2019. We will update this list with correct information and dates as it becomes available.