Crater Lakes Freediving Retreats Terms & Conditions:
- All Crater Lakes freediving at Lake Barrine and Lake Eacham.
- AIDA 2, AIDA 3 or AIDA 4 courses and certification..
- Any crossover certifications from other international freediving education systems.
- Depth sessions, pool sessions and all practical components for AIDA Instructor courses (included in the AIDA Instructor course fee)
- The Crater Lakes Freedivng Retreat fee of $995 does not include any accommodation, transport, food/alcohol or other tourist attractions.
- The Crater Lakes Freediving Retreat fee of $995 does not include flight costs. If bookings are made well in advance then flights are typically from $230 return for departures from the Gold Coast, Brisbane or the Sunshine Coast.
- We do not provide wetsuits or any freediving rental gear for the Crater Lakes Freediving Retreats. We recommend 2 to 3 mm wetsuits in summer and 5mm wetsuits in winter. Freediving safety lanyards are mandatory for all depth diving. Both Octopus and Freexperience lanyards can be purchased from us.
- You must be a confident swimmer capable of swimming non-stop for a minimum of 400m with fins, mask and snorkel.To get the most from the experience we strongly recommend that freedivers engage in regular cardiovascular training prior to participation in Crater Lakes Freediving Retreats. Diving and swimming up to 4 hours per day is physically demanding.
- Once the deposit or full fee has been paid we will connect you with other freedivers to arrange share accommodation and transport if this is required. You will need a car. Public transport from Cairns airport, or taxis/Uber to and from the Crater Lakes is almost non-existent in the Atherton Tablelands. We recommend getting together with 2 other freedivers and renting a car at Cairns Airport. As a rough guide three people sharing a small car for this period of time is about $250 per person excluding petrol or insurance.
- A non-refundable deposit of $300 confirms your place on the Crater Lakes Freedivng Retreat with final payment to be made two weeks prior to the start of the Retreat. After that date deposits and all fees are non-refundable. Payments can be made online (in this section), by credit card (please phone with your details) or by bank transfer.
- We have listed some accommodation options for your convenience some 10 minutes from the Crater Lakes. This is not included in the Crater Lakes Freedivng Retreat fee of $995. All accommodation fees must be paid 2 weeks prior to the start of the Crater Lakes Freediving Retreat and are non-refundable.
- All pictures and videos are real and have not been manipulated in any way. We do not use stock photos anywhere on our website.
Freediving Gold Coast TV
This is overlooking the beautiful Lake Barrine from the Lake Barrine Teahouse. We think this is the best place for freediving in Australia 365 days per year. This is one of the most peaceful and serene freediving locations in the world.