Important Considerations When Purchasing Dive Weights for Freediving:
- We recommend purchasing the smallest dive weights possible as these are the most streamlined. As a result we only sell 0.5kg and 1kg weights.
- Will you use your dive weights in a pool? If so, you should purchase PVC coated weights. It is mandatory in most public pools to have dive weights with a plastic coating. We have seen some divers wrapping electrical tape around “raw” lead weights. It looks pretty tacky! If you intend to practice freediving in a pool get your dive weights PVC coated.
- Our weights are in metric. Remember 1kg is 2.2lbs. If you are buying weights in pounds you may well be paying more for less weight.
- Make sure you distribute your dive weights evenly around your freediving belt. If not, it can contribute to body rotation.
- Consider using freediving neck weights for better neutral buoyancy in the pool and freefalling in the ocean.